Monday, May 9, 2011

XII

Rate my 6x1 (6 = least favorite, 1 = most favorite):

Rhythmic: 6
This was interesting because you could take a variety of shots and cut them together to form a visual beat. I liked how it had a pattern of 5, 15, 5, 10, 5 and that we could play with the image variety but I didn't like watching these as much because of the jumpiness in the edits.

Recycled: 5
Just because I have done it before in Intro to Editing. I liked the FLxER VJ show, that was fun.

Long Take: 4
The Saturday shoot I was not looking forward to but once we got out and blocked our shoot it became a blast. We had so many crazy things going on and the weather cooperated with us. It was the "Lord of the Flies" experience because we were without our leader but I feel we all had enough of a grasp on what we were doing to get it done and done well.

Cameraless filmmaking: 3
It was fun working with film and making it my own. I liked scratching the film and coloring it with inks. The biggest problem I had was the tediousness of having to manipulate each frame and that each frame was so small it was a lot of work for only a few seconds of show.

Video Race: 2
Was fun but I had to cram it all into on day because the day before I was working on a service project. My scanner failed so I went to my backup plan of making a computer animated film. I liked this one because of the limited time we had to make it and the mystery prop was a fun touch.

Multi-plane Animation: 1
This took a little extra time in class but constructing a stop motion animation was a blast. I personally love animation more than anything because you can create something out of literally nothing. That day we found what materials we had and made a story about the last days of a dinosaur and a few alien friends. Each member added ideas and contributed to making a fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment